I have a guy who wants to teleport and only do that. I think that sounds like an awesome descriptor if you just want to do a bit of it and it stays local.
For some reason, you can teleport across space. You don’t go far, but far enough to get out of trouble. It comes with a cost, but sometimes its one you’re willing to pay!
Trained: +2 to your Intellect pool.
Ability: Teleport(2 Intellect points): As an action, you can teleport a short distance. You have to see where you are teleporting. You simple move across the distance in the blink of an eye.
Choose one of the following as a connection to the starting adventure:
- You’ve always wanted to understand your gift, so you’ve struck out across the world to use it.
- You wonder where your gift comes from, and now you’re going out to find it.
- You’ve gained this gift at a cost, and now the cost is going out to do a favor.
- You like starting trouble and getting far away from it, and now its time to use that gift to get out of trouble by leaving the area!
Here’s a metamagic I’ve been kicking around for a bit.
When you cast a spell, you can spend a number of sorcery points equal to the spell’s level to have that spell repeat itself on one target affected by the spell at the start of the target’s next turn. (1 sorcery point if the spell is a cantrip). The target is allowed all saved and checks to avoid the spell as the spell allows.
Let’s keep the 7th level DnD spells rolling with a Wizard spell!
Casting Time 1 action
Range: 150 feet
Components: V, S
With a deafening plop a ball of acid explods in range coating everything in 30 feet in acid. All envviroments are covered dealing 12d6 acid damage to the ground,wallss,andd unattended objects. Creatures may attempt a Dexterity saving throw for half damage and to not be covered. If a creature is covered in acid, it will take additional damage at the start of each of it turns. Each turns after being covered, it takes damage equal to half the damage it took from the spell last turn. Each time it takes damage it may attempt another Dexterity saving throw to end the effect after taking damage. this effect continues until the amount of damage equals zero. In addition, an affected creature may scrap the acid of as an action to end the effect.
I’m working a few different 5e level 7 spells, so here is an idea for the bard.
Song of Triumph
Casting Time: 1 action
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute
You begin a song that fills your allies with all the hope you can muster. All allies you choose within 60 feet of you are affected by the song. Every ally is allowed an immediate saving throw to end any fear, compulsion, charm, or any effect that affects the mind, even if the effect that not normally allow an additional saving throw. At the start of each of the ally’s turns, it may make another saving throw to end the effect as well. In addition, while you maintain the song, you may not give allies your bardic inspiration, however every ally gains an immediate use of your bardic inspiration that does not count against your daily limit. This free bardic inspiration must be used before you end concentration on the spell or it is lost. Finally, while you concentrate on this spell, every ally affected by this spell heals 1d8 hit points at the start of their turn while this spell is in effect.
I need a few level 7 spells, so let’s make a few! Here is one for a cleric.
Command from on High
Casting Time: 1 action
You open your mouth, but instead of your voice, the raw power of your god pours forth causing all creatures within 30 feet of you to heed you words as orders from the gods themselves. Each creature that can hear you within range is effected based on its current hit points:
- 50 hit points or fewer: if a creature fails a Wisdom saving throw, it is charmed for one minute, until it succeeds at a Wisdom saving throw at the end of its turn, or until it takes damage
- 30 hit points or fewer: if a creature fails a Wisdom saving throw, it is charmed for one minute or until it takes damage
- 10 hit points or fewer: The creature follows your commands as if affected by dominate monster for one minute.
Here’s a quick one that came up when I was nearly locked out of my house today.
Acrid Touch M1–6
Casting Time 1 standard action
Targets one creature or object
Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance yes
You call forth acid to seep from your hands or upper appendages. If you successfully touch a target, the target takes 3d10 acid damage. If you touch an object, the object takes that much damage
2nd: When you cast mind thrust as a 2nd-level spell, it deals 5d10 acid damage to the target.
3rd: When you cast mind thrust as a 3rd-level spell, it deals 8d10 acid damage to the target.
4th: When you cast mind thrust as a 4th-level spell, it deals 12d10 acid damage to the target.
5th: When you cast mind thrust as a 5th-level spell, it deals 18d10 acid damage to the target.
6th: When you cast mind thrust as a 6th-level spell, it deals 22d10 acid damage to the target.
Casting this spell doesn’t provoke attacks of opportunity.
Reading the latest DnD book, I see racial feats are back. Let’s make a few. Here’s one for dwarves.
Strength of the Mountain
You are the mountain. You do not move unless you say to, and you break any who come at you.
Gain the following benefits:
- Your Strength score increase by 1 to a maximum of 20.
- You have advantage on any save or check to stay standing or to keep your balance.
- You gain advantage on checks and save to escape a grapple
- Foes have disadvantage on any save or check against any melee effect or ability you perform that would knock them prone.