There are powers to resist damage. How about to resist conditions?
You been through a lot of pain in your life, and you’ve learned how to shrug off things that don’t just hurt, but cripple.
• Cost: 12 Karma
• Game Effect: When choosing this quality, select a status (p. 51). When under the effect of that status, gain a point of Edge before making a test for any test affected by that status and on tests to end that status.
How about more love for conditions in Shadowrun 6e?
Fire keeps us warm. Burning people keep you warmer.
• Cost: 14 Karma
• Game Effect: When when you inflict the burning status on a creature, increase the severity of the burning condition by 1.
Played some late night shadowrun. Now some ideas!
AMPED UP! (1 to 3)
You like to rock people, so you come in hard and heavy with the spells.
• Cost: 12 Karma per level
• Game Effect: Each time when you amp up the effects of a spell, for each level you only add 1 to the DV of the spell. Each amp up beyond the levels you have in AMPED UP! adds the normal 2 to the DV.
There is agony, so why not a spell to give you a little boost when you are beaten.
RANGE TYPE DURATION DV
LOS M S 3
This spell makes the subject not feel the pain it’s experiencing. When casting this spell, roll Sorcery + Magic with a threshold of (– total condition modifier). For each hit, temporarily remove one 1 box of Stun, Physical, or Overflow damage per net hit. Injuries can only be affected once by multiple castings of this spell, requiring separate castings and sustaining of this spell. When the spell ends, the target feels the full force of its injuries again.
My review of Shadowrun 6th Ed is coming, but here is something I think will help.
MODIFICATION CAPACITY AVAIL COST
Plating [Rating] [Rating] x 2 Rating x 2000¥
Plating armors up a suit of armor. The armor increases the soak roll by a value equal to its rating. Each time the suit of armor absorbs damage, reduce rating this modification by one.
Saw a few of these kind of qualities, so I would like to propose a generic one to cover all the bases.
That Damn Good(Skill
Others are lucky, you’re just good
• Cost: 12 Karma
• Game Effect: Choose a skill with which you have at least one rank in and is not directly combat related. When you perform a test with that skill, you gain a point of Edge that must be spent on that test, or it goes away.
Been a while, but we’re diving into Shadowrun 6e. Here is something I think needs to exist.
Practice Makes Perfect
You spend the time putting in practice, and you just get quicker, better, and no longer requiring as much luck!
• Cost: 8 Karma
• Game Effect: Choose an edge action. That edge action costs one less.