Quick feat for Today!
You’re quick on the draw when it come to drinking!
Benefits:. When you take an action to use a consumable items, you can use two items in the same action. These need not be the same item, and they do not need to be used just on yourself.
Here is a quick one that came up this weekend.
When it comes to getting you money’s worth, you get double! Gain the following benefits:
- You may use two consumable items as part of the same action.
- Drawing an item from any container is not an action for you, but a free action.
- You do not provoke opportunity attacks for using any items.
Let’s get caught up with an idea from a 5e game.
Devil, Diabolical Tutor
Tiny fiend(devil, shapechanger), lawful evil
Armor Class 9
Hit Points 10 (3d4+3)
Speed 20 ft.
Skills Deception +5, Insight +3, Persuasion +5, Arcana +5, Religion +5, History +5,Nature +5
Damage Resistances fire, piercing, bludgeoning, and slashing from nonmagic weapons that are not silvered
Senses passive darkvision 120 ft., Perception 11
Languages infernal, Common
Challenge 1 (200 XP)
- Shapechanger: The diabolical tutor can use its action to polymorph into a beast form that resembles a rat (speed 20 ft.), a raven (20 ft., fly 60 ft.), or a spider (20 ft., climb 20 ft.), or back into its true form. Its statistics are the same in each form, except for the speed changes noted. Any equipment it is wearing or carrying isn’t transformed. It reverts to its true form if it dies.
- Devil’s Sight: Magical darkness doesn’t impede the diabolical tutor’s darkvision.
- Magic Resistance: The diabolical tutor has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Dark Knowledge: When you spend an action to make a knowledge check and consult the diabolical tutor, you may add the diabolical tutor’s bonus to these checks to your own.Actions
- Bite: Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 2 (2d4 – 2) piercing damage.
A man-shaped monster that stinks of brimstone and rot but offers fel knowledge to any who listen to its evil lips.
Let’s keep up the Savage Worlds! Here is a spell for those who think no knowledge is forbidden.
Casting Modifier: varies
This spell teaches the willing the true secrets of the world. When this spell is cast, the target may increase it’s Cthulhu Mythos level to the next die level. The modifier for the spell equals the next level of the targets Cthulhu Mythos level ie a target gaining a d4 in Cthulhu Mythos imposes a -4 modifier modifier. The target and the caster both lose sanity equal to the dice gained ie the target gaining a d4 imposes a 4 points of sanity loss to both the caster and target. No die level may be skipped using this spell, and each die level imposed the same penalties and sanity cost to the caster and target.
Let’s make a low level conjuration spell. Credit to my wife for the original idea!
Casting Time: 1 minute
Components: V, S, M (two non-magic bags of roughly the same size)
Duration: 8 hours
When you finish this spell, you link two bags together, so opening one bag shows the contents of both. Only one bag may be opened at a time. Opening one causes the other to close, and both bags register as carrying the weight of all items in both bags. When a bag is forced to be closed by opening another, all items in the closing bags opening are expelled with no damage. Only items that can fit in the bag are allowed to move from one bag to another. A linked bag may only have a total volume of a quarter of a cubic yard. Placing any item that has an extra-dimensional space such as a portable hole or bag of holding acts as if a bag of holding is placed into a portable hole.
At higher levels.
When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the number of bags that can be linked increases by one for each slot level above 1st.
You can really tell what I’ve been reading lately hay? Here is a quick idea for Savage Worlds
Requirement: Marksman, Veteran
When you take the aim action, gain an additional +2 bonus to shooting and to damage.
I love The Shadow over Innsmouth, so let’s have some of those men and women join the call without knowing it!
The Look (Minor or Major)
You have family that came from someplace that was “off”. The other men and women fighting gave you a wide birth when you joined up or were called. They would fight alongside you, but you’ve always been “off” yourself. this wouldn’t be bad, but you’ve felt the call of something else for a long time, and it’s getting worse.
At a minor level, The Look Hindrance means your character gains 1.5 times as much Dementia, rounded down, and adds +2 to each Horror and Terror effect rolled. In addition you gain a +1 to swim checks. At a major level, your character gains 2 times as much dementia and adds +4 to each Horror and Terror effect rolled. IN addition you gain a +2 to swim checks. If your sanity die is ever reduced to 0, you change into fish monster and turn on your party as you finally succumb to the call you’ve always experienced.