Been a bit, but let’s keep rolling through the different races!
You might not be the largest, but sometimes the smallest can stand the tallest! Gain the following:
- You are immune to fear. Other parts of an effect that causes you to become afraid still occur, but you can no become frightened.
- Your lucky ability triggers on a 1 and a 2.
- You have advantage on Dexterity(acrobatics) checks.
Cost-$9 for a set here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/johnwrot/halfsies-dice-the-world-tour/
TL;DR-I CAN READ!
This is a different kind of review than I mostly post. This is about a dice kickstarter. I have one simple thing for this review, and that will be pretty apparent soon.
These dice are beautiful. They look great on the table. But, I honestly don’t care about that.
These dice are a great size and well balanced. I rolled them a bunch of times, and I didn’t see any patterns occur. They feel great and are not tiny. But, I honestly don’t care about that.
I CAN READ THE DICE FACES! I have lots of dice. I’ve seen some specialized dice. I’ve seen beautiful dice. I’ve seen well balanced and great sized dice. What I want are dice that look nice, roll randomly, and I CAN READ THEM! That’s what I get out of these dice. We all play D&D in cramped rooms with dim lights. I’m too old to read tiny dice with bad dice faces. All the different color combinations (they are all beautiful BTW), but the number colors all stand out from at least three feet away. And that’s why I recommend these dice. Take a look at the picture. I can read the faces, so hopefully so can you!
Bonus! These dice are $9 a set. That beats standard price for dice I have trouble reading! Check out the kickstarter. Cheap dice that are done right.
We did Dwarf, so now on to Elf!
You are Elven perfection personified! Gain the following:
- Increase the distance of your darkvision to 120 feet.
- Before three Wisdom(perception) checks in a day, you can gain advantage. This ability comes back after a long rest.
- You can increase your max Dexterity over the normal limit to 22. This ability overrides other feats and abilities saying your maximum Dexterity is limited to 20.
Something I missed from the old 3.5 days was the feats for each race. Let’s bring those back!
You are what all other Dwarves think of when they think of Dwarves. Gain the following:
- You gain a +1 bonus to all weapon attacks using weapons mentioned in Dwarven Combat training
- Increase the reach of your Darkvision to 120 feet
- If you succeed on a save against a poison effect and would be dealt damage from a successful save, you are immune to that poison damage.
- If you gain the bonus from your Stonecunning ability, you also gain advantage on the check.
I was thinking of making a monk feat, but let’s build on what we got going on with the Way of the Open Hand.
Way of the Cracked Turtle
Monks of the Way of the Cracked Turtle have learned from the simple turtles around them While slow, their steady path leads to victory. They toughen their bodies to be the bulwark necessary to bear the brunt of the world on their shoulders. They also learn the way to crack false armor while others bend under the weight. It is truly turtles all the way down, for these men and women are tireless companions and will carry those around them to victory.
Crack the Shell
Starting when you choose this tradition at 3rd level, you learn how to harm those who bare false shells. Whenever you hit a creature with one of the attacks granted by your Flurry of Blows, you can impose one of the following effects on that target:
- It must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or you impose a penalty equal to half your proficiency bonus for one round to AC.
- You toughen yourself and gain a bonus to AC equal to half your proficiency bonus.
- You block its movement and prevent it from making one action this round if it fails a Wisdom saving throw.
Lessons of the Turtle
At 6th level, you training truly begins to take off as you gain a permanent bonus to AC equal to half your proficiency bonus.
Beginning at 11th level, you can enter a special state of determination. As a free action or reaction, you can choose to not fall unconscious. This state will end when you die from exhaustion, failing three death saving throws if you are at zero hit points, or you end this state as a free action. If you are magically healed while in this state, all your failed death saving throws are reset to zero.
True Lessons of the Master
At 17th level, you truly become the turtle. Gain a swim speed equal to your land movement speed or vice versa. You also gain an additional bonus to AC equal to half your Constitution modifier. Furthermore, when you make an attack with your flurry of blows, you may make one more additional attack using a bite.