We did it for Pathfinder, so let’s do it for DnD!
When they are not looking at you, you spring into action. Gain the following benefits:
- Increase your Strength or Dexterity by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- When you attack an enemy that you have advantage against or an enemy that you and an ally are engaged with, you apply double your ability modifier to damage instead of your normal ability modifier.
Here is a quick one that came up this weekend.
When it comes to getting you money’s worth, you get double! Gain the following benefits:
- You may use two consumable items as part of the same action.
- Drawing an item from any container is not an action for you, but a free action.
- You do not provoke opportunity attacks for using any items.
Let’s get caught up with an idea from a 5e game.
Devil, Diabolical Tutor
Tiny fiend(devil, shapechanger), lawful evil
Armor Class 9
Hit Points 10 (3d4+3)
Speed 20 ft.
Skills Deception +5, Insight +3, Persuasion +5, Arcana +5, Religion +5, History +5,Nature +5
Damage Resistances fire, piercing, bludgeoning, and slashing from nonmagic weapons that are not silvered
Senses passive darkvision 120 ft., Perception 11
Languages infernal, Common
Challenge 1 (200 XP)
- Shapechanger: The diabolical tutor can use its action to polymorph into a beast form that resembles a rat (speed 20 ft.), a raven (20 ft., fly 60 ft.), or a spider (20 ft., climb 20 ft.), or back into its true form. Its statistics are the same in each form, except for the speed changes noted. Any equipment it is wearing or carrying isn’t transformed. It reverts to its true form if it dies.
- Devil’s Sight: Magical darkness doesn’t impede the diabolical tutor’s darkvision.
- Magic Resistance: The diabolical tutor has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Dark Knowledge: When you spend an action to make a knowledge check and consult the diabolical tutor, you may add the diabolical tutor’s bonus to these checks to your own.Actions
- Bite: Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 2 (2d4 – 2) piercing damage.
A man-shaped monster that stinks of brimstone and rot but offers fel knowledge to any who listen to its evil lips.
Let’s make a low level conjuration spell. Credit to my wife for the original idea!
Casting Time: 1 minute
Components: V, S, M (two non-magic bags of roughly the same size)
Duration: 8 hours
When you finish this spell, you link two bags together, so opening one bag shows the contents of both. Only one bag may be opened at a time. Opening one causes the other to close, and both bags register as carrying the weight of all items in both bags. When a bag is forced to be closed by opening another, all items in the closing bags opening are expelled with no damage. Only items that can fit in the bag are allowed to move from one bag to another. A linked bag may only have a total volume of a quarter of a cubic yard. Placing any item that has an extra-dimensional space such as a portable hole or bag of holding acts as if a bag of holding is placed into a portable hole.
At higher levels.
When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the number of bags that can be linked increases by one for each slot level above 1st.
Here’s a quick spell for DnD. Here is some love for the bard!
Shout of Encouragement
Casting Time: bonus action or reaction
Range: 60 feet
Duration: see text
You cast this spell with a shout of encouragement at a friend. That friend is surrounded by an aura of ability. That ally can reroll one die within one minute at which point the spell ends. If the spell is not discharged after the minute ,the aura and spell ends.
At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, you can target one additional creature for each slot level above 1st.
I want one more level 7 druid spell. Here we go!
Beasts of the Field
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 30 feet
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute
With an ululating cry, you summon from around you two beast , magical or otherwise, appropriate to the terrain you are in of challenge rating 7 or lower. These are not conjurations, but real beasts from the area.
The beasts are friendly to you and your companions for the duration. Roll initiative for the creatures, which have their own turns. They obey any verbal commands that you issue to them (no action required by you), as long as they don’t violate their alignment. If you don’t issue any commands to the beasts, they defends themselves from hostile creatures but otherwise takes no actions.
If your concentration is broken, the creatures don’t disappear. Instead, you lose control of the beasts, they becomes indifferent toward you and your companions, and it might attack. An uncontrolled creature can’t be dismissed by you, and it leaves 1 minute after you summoned it.
Here is a quick one for today.
You are built long a bull. Gain the following benefits:
- Gain +1 to Constitution.
- You gain a +1 bonus to all Constitution saving throws.
- Three times per day, when you fail a Constitution saving throw to maintain concentration, you may retry the concentration throw. You must accept the second result.