I’ve been experimenting with using skills for other skills expecially technology and religion. Let’s play in Starfinder too.
SUFFICIENTLY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY
You’ve learned enough about technology to really see how magical it is.
Prerequisites: Computers 5 ranks or Engineering,5 ranks.
Benefit: You can use Computer or Engineering as if it was Mysticism for skill checks.
GHOST IN THE MACHINE
Computer and Machines might have souls and you can speak to them.
Prerequisites: Mysticism 5 ranks
Benefit: Choose Computers or Engineering. You can use Mysticism as if it was the chosen skill.
Had an idea last night for Pathfinder, and think it might fit as well into DnD 5e as a feat.
Theory and Practice
Prerequisite: proficiency in arcana, nature, or religion
Isn’t magic all the same thing, really? Gain the following benefits:
- Increase your Wisdom or Intelligence by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- You can use Intelligence(arcana), Intelligence(nature), or Intelligence(religion) in place of Intelligence(arcana), Intelligence(nature), or Intelligence(religion) for skill checks.
Been making stuff for DnD, and I think this belongs here.
Into The Blow (COMBAT)
The best defense is hitting first!
Benefit(s): When you use Bodyguard to protect an ally and the attacker is within the reach of your weapon, you may make a melee attack against the attacker as a reaction.
Tinkering lately in the lab with barbarians, so what do you think of this one? Instead of threatening an area, what if you made everyone hit you?
COME AT ME! [ONE ACTION] FEAT 2
Barbarian Rage Stance
Trigger A foe within reach attacks a target who is not you.
As a reaction, make a melee Strike against the triggering creature. This Strike doesn’t count toward your multiple attack penalty, and your multiple attack penalty doesn’t apply to this Strike.
Had it for Pathfinder, so how about for DnD?
You we’re always just built thick. Gain the following benefits:
- Increase your Constitution by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- You increase your maximum hit points by 2 hit points for every level of barbarian you currently possess, and you increase your maximum hit points by 2 level you gain in barbarian in the future.
Had a discussion, and an idea that might be fun.
THRILL OF BATTLE [REACTION] FEAT 12
Barbarian Concentrate Rage
Prerequisite(s) Renewed Vigor
Violence fuels you more than anything else.
When make an attack and hit, once per turn as a reaction, you can use your renewed vigor ability. If you critically hit, double the number of temporary hit points you gain.
Ya know, sometimes ya just want a crap ton of extra hit points.
STURDY FEAT 1
You’ve always been built thick. Gain 3 additional hp per barbarian class feat you have and for each additional barbarian class feat you gain.
Keeping this trend alive
Improved Great Weapon Fighting
Prerequisite(s): great weapon fighting fighter style
The best defense is to hit even harder. You gain the following benefit:
- Increase your Constitution or Strength by one, to a maximum of 20.
- When an roll a 1, 2, or 3 on the damage die for a two handed weapon, reroll that die. If any reroll granted by this or your fighting style is a 1, that die counts as a 2.
More improved fighting styles!
Prerequisite(s): dueling fighter style
Never let an insult pass. Not one ro your character or your person. You gain the following benefit:
- Increase your Dexterity or Strength by one, to a maximum of 20.
- When an attack is made against you and it misses, as a reaction you may make a basic melee attack against the attacker.
Time to keep moving through the fighter styles. ON TO ARCHERY!
Prerequisite(s): archery fighter style
Aim for the right spot and they drop right away. You gain the following benefit:
- Increase your Dexterity or Intelligence by one, to a maximum of 20.
- When you make a ranged weapon attack, double your Dexterity modifier for damage.