Lots of alchemy toys in Pathfinder 2nd ed as well. Let’s bring the idea of deflecting those back at the thrower to old school fantasy!
Return to Sender [REACTION]FEAT 6
Trigger An item is thrown at you are an ally within your melee reach.
Requirements You are wielding a melee weapon.
You may make a melee attack against the ranged attack result of the item. If your attack roll equals or exceeds the ranged attack, you hit the item back at the enemy and the enemy is subject to the item instead.
Love grenades in Starfinder. Everybody is a wizard with fireball! How about being able to return that back to whoever sent it your way?
Return to Sender (COMBAT)
If you swing just right, you can send what comes at you right back.
Benefit: As a reaction when a grenade is throw at you, you may make an melee attack. If your attack value equals or exceeds the attack value of the person throwing the grenade, you can return the grenade to the targets square where it explodes.
We have to types of perception so why not let you play with that for passive perception as well.
You’re analytical and methodical paying much mess attention to the wide world but focusing on the little details. Gain the following benefits:
- Increase your Intelligence by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- Your Intelligence(investigation) skill replaces your Wisdom(perception) for passive perception.
- When asked to make a Wisdom(perception) check, you can instead make an Intelligence(investigation) check.
Ran a lot of eberron this weekend at Winter Fantasy and saw a team of artificers pump all the temp into one another and it was awesome. Let’s help them!
Nothing keeps you down and you bounce forward with lots of pep in your step! When you gain temporary hit points, add your level and Constitution modifier (minimum 0) to the amount gained.
I think hit dice and temp HP don’t get enough love. Let’s have a nice home cooked meal.
Nothing replaces a nice meal to help you start strong after a rest. Gain the following benefits:
- Increase your Constitution by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- When you take a short or long rest, you can spend a ration or equivalent amount of food and cook. You can’t do anything else during the rest, but you still count as resting for other purposes. Any who eat of your prepared food can spend as many hit dice as they want instead gaining temporary hit points in addition to any hit dice spent to regain hit points as normal. You can not spend more than half, rounded up, your hit dice to gain temporary hit points in this way.
How about a bunch of tools to help a warlock hide as a different spell caster?
First we got to fix the hex problem…
1st level Enchantment
Casting time: 1 Bonus Action
Range: 90 feet
Components: V, S
Duration: 1 minute
You cause a creature in range to feel the full furry of your anger. Once each round, starting on your turn, and refreshing at the start of each of your turns when the target takes damage, add an additional 1d6 psychic damage tot he target.
A remove curse cast on the target ends this spell early.
So we can replace hex… now we got to fix eldritch blast…. with a eldritch invocation!
Choose a spell you can cast and a spell you can not cast. The spell you can cast looks to all observers like the spell you cannot cast. No other parts of the spell are altered, and casting detect magic will reveal the deception as the spell type will not change. Intelligence(arcana) checks on your spell will still normally show the spell you can normally not cast.
ok we got the bread and butter of a warlock figured out, so now we fit the final pieces together…with a feat!
Some warlocks are open about the pack they made, and others hide it as their masters need deception. You hide in plain site to further your dark purposes. Gain the following benefits:
- Increase your Charisma by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- Gain two eldritch invocations that must both be malformed arcana.
First level Wizard that just happens to be a warlock behind the scenes is a go!
How about some magic that makes cantrips fun?
Some magic you’ve done so often you can’t fail. Choose a spellcasting class with which you have cantrips for. You can a number of times per day equal to your spell casting ability bonus gain advantage on an attack you make with a cantrip from the chosen class.