How about some love for Shadowrun? Time to dig deeper into Firing Squad
You and your friends may have spent time either in the backwoods running drills or you spent time running drills in a military In either case, when you set up a team to move properly, the move properly!
• Cost: 10 Karma
• Game Effect: You gain an Edge on Small Unit Tactics tests to do a combat maneuver as a team.
Catching up on my Shadowrun, how about we help our runners earn a bit more.
You paid up front, but now its paying off!
• Cost: 8 Karma
• Game Effect: Increase the amount you are paid for an artistic performance you make by 10%.
Played a bit of Shadowrun at GenCon. Here is something I think my players will like.
Fan the Hammer(1-3)
You’ve gotten used to putting a lot of lead down range.
• Cost: 8 Karma per level
• Game Effect: When you use a firing mode that shoots more than two rounds, you lower the Attack Value penalty by one for for each level of this quality.
There are powers to resist damage. How about to resist conditions?
You been through a lot of pain in your life, and you’ve learned how to shrug off things that don’t just hurt, but cripple.
• Cost: 12 Karma
• Game Effect: When choosing this quality, select a status (p. 51). When under the effect of that status, gain a point of Edge before making a test for any test affected by that status and on tests to end that status.
How about more love for conditions in Shadowrun 6e?
Fire keeps us warm. Burning people keep you warmer.
• Cost: 14 Karma
• Game Effect: When when you inflict the burning status on a creature, increase the severity of the burning condition by 1.
Played some late night shadowrun. Now some ideas!
AMPED UP! (1 to 3)
You like to rock people, so you come in hard and heavy with the spells.
• Cost: 12 Karma per level
• Game Effect: Each time when you amp up the effects of a spell, for each level you only add 1 to the DV of the spell. Each amp up beyond the levels you have in AMPED UP! adds the normal 2 to the DV.
Saw a few of these kind of qualities, so I would like to propose a generic one to cover all the bases.
That Damn Good(Skill
Others are lucky, you’re just good
• Cost: 12 Karma
• Game Effect: Choose a skill with which you have at least one rank in and is not directly combat related. When you perform a test with that skill, you gain a point of Edge that must be spent on that test, or it goes away.
Watching Complex Action and they did a show about interrupt action. Let’s put one more idea out there based on that!
Last Ditch Effort
Cost: 10 Karma
You always come through in a clutch. When you take an interrupt action and it reduces your initiative below 0 before you normal action in an initiative pass, you may still take your normal action at your pre-interrupt action initiative. You may not take any interrupt actions after your initiative has been reduced to zero. If you’ve already acted in an initiative pass and your initiative is reduced to zero by an interrupt action, you do not get an action in the next pass.
Played some Shadowrun over the weekend, and the players encountered some spirits. How about being ready to handle the 6th world in all it’s glory!
In the 6th World
Cost: 10 karma
You don’t need to be welcomed to the 6th world, you’ve lived here all you life! You’re ready for what is about to be thrown at you. When you resist a power from a creature or person, and the power isn’t a magic spell, attack in the physical roll, or hacking attempt, you gain a +2 bonus on the resistance roll.
You learn spells by spending 5 karma. Let’s play with that!
Cost: 5 karma
You’re a quick study. Either from a book or from a spirit, you learn quick, not wasting time dallying between runs. When you want to learn a new spell, you only spend 3 karma to do so.