Ok, one more idea for Numenera, the protecting adjective-
You’re a guardian. You protect others. If for gold or duty, you protect others as if your life depended on it. You will keep your charge alive at all costs.
You gain the following benefits:
Agile: +2 to your Speed pool.
Skill: You are trained in perception.
Skill: You are trained in defense rolls to resist physical attacks.
Ability: You gain the following benefit
- Get Down! (2 Speed points): As a free action off turn, you may shove any creature at immediate distance from you to the ground and take any attack meant for them on yourself. You must be aware of the attacker. You may only do this once per turn. Action.
Additional Equipment: You start the game with armor of your choice.
Initial Link to the Starting Adventure: From the following list of options, choose how you become involved in the first adventure.
- You are following your former master.
- You’ve be hired to guide some settlers to a place
- A friend in this location is in trouble.
- You feel a pull in your soul to this location.