ED DEMANDS MORE OOZES FOR DND 5E!
Large ooze, unaligned
Armor Class 8
Hit Points 115 (11d10 + 55)
Speed 30 ft.
|20 (+4)||6(-2)||20(+5)||3 (-4)||1 (-5)||8 (-1)|
Skills Intimidate +5
Damage Resistances acid, cold
Damage Resistances fire
Condition Immunities blinded, charmed, deafened, exhaustion, frightened, prone
Senses blindsight 60 ft. (blind beyond this radius), passive Perception 5
Challenge 6 (3,900 XP)
- Amorphous: The ooze can move through a space as narrow as 1 inch wide without squeezing.
- False Appearance: While the ooze is in water, it looks like it is an oil slick.
- Oil Coating: Creatures struck by the ooze are covered in oil if they fail a saving throw. This oil can be removed at the end of their turn without an action with a successful Dexterity saving throw (DC 14). If the target spends an action to remove the oil, the saving throw is performed with advantage.
- Fire Form: If the ooze is dealt fire damage, the ooze takes no damage, but starts on fire. It’s attack now deal fire damage, and any creature struck by the ooze that fail their Dexterity saving throw (DC 14) now are lit aflame and take 10 (2d10) fire damage at the start of their turns. Creatures covered in oil perform this save with disadvantage. They can remove the fire damage as normal to remove the oil coating.
- Pseudopod: Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 11 (2d6 + 5) bludgeoning damage, and if the target must make a dexterity saving throw (DC 14). On a failure the target is coated in oil.
- Spray (Recharge 4-6): All creatures in 30 feet are sprayed with oil. Each creature in that area must make a DC 14 Dexterity saving throw or it is covered in oil.
- Self Immolate: The ooze can start a fire on itself activating fire form above. All creatures in 30 feet are attacked with a ball of fire dealing 24 (8d6) fire damage. Each creature in that area may attempt a DC 14 Dexterity saving throw to reduce the damage by half. Creatures covered in oil make this save with disadvantage. Anything covered in oil that takes fire damage is lit on fire and takes damage as per the fire form trait. The ooze can end being on fire with a bonus action on its turn. The ooze cannot use Self Immolate if it is currently on fire or on a turn it ended being on fire.
This ball of ooze appears to look like a shimmering rainbow. The rainbow is a trick of the light as the ooze is made of flammable material the shimmers. Those who use fire on this creature soon regret their final action.